Tuesday, February 18, 2014

GOODBYE!!!

Guten Morgen!

So today is the big day, I am finally leaving for Europe. I will be constantly updating this post in the next couple days so you can ensure yourself that I am safe (Mom). I feel incredibly nervous and haven't slept that well in the last couple days, but hey that's what plane rides are for. Be back soon!

Update number 1

I have arrived safely in Seattle! Now I have a seven hour layover, which will be super fun. My aunt Rebecca is going to come pick me up from the airport and we are going to meet my uncle Tom for some food. My next flight, which will take seven hours, is on Icelandair going to Reykjavik, Iceland. I will be arriving there at around 10 p.m. Mountain Standard Time. I am very nervous to leave the country! More updates when I get to Iceland.

Update number 2 

I am currently in Reykjavik at my hostel! This morning was a little confusing because the airport ended up being kind of far away from my hostel. I still made it here and have also made arrangements to get back to the airport tomorrow morning. I made some friends at the hostel and we are probably going to go get a drink later, which will be fun! I am excited to finally be able to legally purchase a beer.

A really cool thing happened on te plane. I saw the Northern Lights from my window and they were amaaazzzzinggg.

Iceland is interesting, the people are very nice, the buildings are cute, and the landscape is very interesting. After being here I plan on coming back for another visit because it is just so darn cool.

I am also experiencing what jet lag feels like. I do not like it. It is 4 a.m. in Montana right now and I wish I was asleep but here in Iceland it is 11:16 and I must stay awake!!!

I am already kind of homesick, especially since both my parents were super emotional when I left. I miss everyone so much already!

No comments:

Post a Comment